111 Places in Ottawa That You Must Not Miss
- The ultimate insider's guide to Ottawa
- Features interesting and unusual places not found in traditional travel guides
- Part of the international 111 Places/111 Shops series with over 650 titles and 3.8 million copies in print worldwide
- Appeals to both the local market (almost 995,000 people call Ottawa home) and the tourist market (more than 11 million people visit Ottawa every year)
- Fully illustrated with 111 full-page colour photographs
111 Places in Ottawa That You Must Not Miss reveals to Ottawans and visitors alike the city’s most interesting people, places and stories, some lurking off the beaten path and others hiding in plain sight.
Pay homage to a Soviet intelligence officer whose shocking defection reportedly ushered in the Cold War. Admire a giant piece of stone money at one place and learn how money is made at another. Follow a trail of historic sundials.
You can dine in a restaurant that’s home to an Elvis Sighting Society beside a lane named for the superstar, long-gone but never forgotten. Fly over the city in a vintage, open-cockpit biplane. Or surf on a river with views of the Parliament buildings. You can also find the spots where homegrown musician Alanis Morissette and actor Ryan Reynolds once walked. And learn why Ottawa loves tulips.
Join author Jennifer Bain and photographer Liz Beddall as they take you on a quirk-filled journey through O-Town, the modern and multicultural capital city that promises to be “Canada in one city.”
- Emons Verlag
- 29th Aug 2022
- Paperback / softback
- World excluding Germany and Austria
- 205 mm x 135 mm
- 240 Pages
- 111 color
- Name of series
- 111 Places
Distributed by ACC Art Books
Please log-in or create an account to see your recent items.