111 Places in Windsor That You Shouldn't Miss
- The ultimate insider's guide to Windsor for locals and experienced travellers
- Features interesting and unusual places not found in traditional travel guides
- Part of the international 111 Places series with over 650 titles and 3.8 million copies in print worldwide
- Appeals to both the local market (almost 27,000 people call Windsor home) and the tourist market (around half a million people visit Windsor every year!)
- Fully illustrated with 111 full-page colour photographs
Get beyond the gates of the Castle to see a side of Windsor you never knew. This thriving, bustling town may have been the home of the Royal Family for almost 1,000 years, but it is generations of local residents who have made Windsor a truly special place to be. In this book, locals and travellers alike will delight in tales that explore the mysterious, mythological and also mortal side of Windsor, weaving through tales of deceit and scandal, heroism and genius, to paint a picture of a town that is breaking away from its Royal connections and emerging as a world-class destination in its own right.
Learn how an emerging craft beer scene is bringing brewing back to Windsor. Discover local characters who have created museums and art galleries in the most unlikely ways. Explore the hidden histories of everything from a pub with a tombstone in the saloon, to a café in an old ticket office, to the world’s first augmented reality mural. If you thought Windsor was just the Castle, the Great Park, Eton College and Legoland, you’re in for a surprise.
- Emons Verlag
- Publish date
- 9th Oct 2023
- Paperback / softback
- World excluding Germany and Austria
- 205 mm x 135 mm
- 240 Pages
- 111 color
- Name of series
- 111 Places
Distributed by ACC Art Books
Please log-in or create an account to see your recent items.