A Mind of Their Own
Jewellery from Austria
- Austrian art jewellery from the 1970s with a focus on works by women
- Accompanies the long-running exhibition at Museum Angerlehner in Austria
- Highlights the pioneers of Austrian avantgarde jewellery in a beautifully illustrated book
With a focus on the women designers of early avant-garde jewellery, this publication paints a fascinating picture of Austrian jewellery production from the 1970s to the present day. The show brings together some 80 jewellery objects, many of which exemplify sculptural and conceptual approaches to jewellery design. Selected works from more recent generations not only highlights references to works of the pioneers but also attests to the developments of a contemporary, vibrant jewelry scene, whose diversity is yet to be discovered. The book’s title refers to the landmark exhibition Kunst mit Eigen-Sinn: Aktuelle Kunst von Frauen (Willful Art: Contemporary Art by Women), which took place at the Museum des 20. Jahrhunderts in Vienna in 1985 and is regarded as a milestone in the artistic and social history of women.
Text in English and German.
- Arnoldsche Art Publishers
- Publish date
- 13th Jun 2022
- Paperback / softback
- UK, US, Eastern Europe, France, Benelux, Japan, South Korea, Africa, South America & Ireland exclusive. South Africa, N&M East non-exclusive
- 280 mm x 210 mm
- 144 Pages
- 80 color