A Solution to Homelessness In Your Town
Valley View Senior Housing, Napa County, California
- This is the first book in America that provides each city, county and town with a path to an acceptable and affordable solution to homelessness
- A helpful guide to creating non-institutional, more humane building solutions
- A great book for garden enthusiasts and many other common activities
- Written by Charles Durrett, who has been in most major media such as ABC’s World News Tonight, NBC’s Today Show, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Time Magazine, The Los Angeles Times, The San Francisco Chronicle, The Guardian, The Economist, and many other publications, and spoke in front of the U.S. Congress twice, as well as many other venues, mostly college campuses
Close to one million people are unhoused in the United States today. Millions and millions are ill—housed – people living in shanties or leaky, mouldy trailers. And millions more are mis—housed – in houses that are abusive in their loneliness, forlorn and empty at so many levels. We can do something about it. Actually, it’s low hanging fruit, should we choose to do something; impossible, if we do not. And it’s essential, not only for the wellbeing of the individual, but also for the wellbeing of the State, and the society.
Current studies are overwhelmingly show that it is more cost effective, in terms of tax dollars earmarked for city, county, state, and federal governments, to house people than it is to just leave them outside. About $20k to $40k cheaper for each person per year. In the case of the unhoused, it also taxes our psyches and our emotions to see our neighbours sleeping on the sidewalk. It is difficult, if not impossible, to explain to our children and grandchildren how we Americans leave people outside in the cold — mentally challenged or not. Then, there is the moral issue.
If you are motivated to get a new homeless housing project moving in your town, this book is the best place to start.
- ORO Editions
- 1st Feb 2021
- Paperback / softback
- World excluding USA, Canada, Australasia & Asia (except Japan; China non-exclusive)
- 216 mm x 140 mm
- 108 Pages
- 100 color