Schools of the Future. Best Design Practices
- A unique guide to the essentials of good school building design for the future
- Combines texts in interview form with highly appealing illustrations
- Highlights that the architecture of schools must be supportive to new pedagogical concepts and always put the well-being of students and teachers first
- Makes the highly topical subject of good school building design accessible to a wide audience
Paris-based Gaëtan Le Penhuel Architectes & Associés have acquired great expertise in the construction of school buildings over nearly 30 years, having made their name in this field with pioneering designs. Based on this wealth of experience, Gaëtan Le Penhuel now presents ABC: Schools of the Future. Best Design Practices, a compact and charming guide to developing school buildings for the future that meet the needs of students.
Each of the ten chapters focuses on one key part of these structures, such as the classroom, the school yard, the hallway, the auditorium, and so on. In conversation with architectural publicist Alice Dubet, Le Penhuel outlines pathways to better school architecture, and points out obstacles to overcome and mistakes to avoid. Quentin Vijoux’s illustrations provide easy visual access to the concepts of Gaëtan Le Penhuel Architectes & Associés – not only for architects and teachers, but also for students and their parents.
- Park Books
- Publish date
- 11th Mar 2024
- World excluding Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, United States, Canada, and Japan
- 220 mm x 150 mm
- 152 Pages
- 56 color