Alexander Brenner – Villas and Houses 2015–2021
A Holistic Art of Building
- Features new houses and villas by Stuttgart-based Alexander Brenner Architects, realised between 2015 and 2021
- Lavishly illustrated with striking photography, standardised plans, and visualisations
- A sequel to the successful previous volumes Alexander Brenner – Houses (Callwey, 2011) and Alexander Brenner – Villas and Houses 2010–2015 (Callwey, 2015)
- Alexander Brenner Architects have gained wide acclaim for their radical and consistent architectural approach and have won numerous awards for their designs
Only few architecture firms in Europe have addressed the villa as a building type as consistently and with such formal rigor as Stuttgart-based Alexander Brenner Architects. The firm is widely known for designs characterised by plastic-geometric facades often resembling constructivist tableaux. What all of Alexander Brenner’s designs have in common is a truly holistic approach to the task. A house’s interior, kitchen, cupboards and other built-in furniture, is attended to with the same care for detail as its exterior. Corresponding gardens with curved sensual forms surround, and contrast, Brenner’s bright white cubic architectural sculptures.
This new monograph follows-up on two successful previous volumes published in 2011 and 2015, and features five buildings realised between 2015 and 2021, including the architect’s own home in Stuttgart, the Brenner Research House. They are all documented in rich detail through striking photography, standardised plans and visualisations, as well as concise texts. An essay by Alexander Brenner rounds out this volume that serves again as a source of inspiration for anyone with an interest in residential architecture.
Text in English and German.
- Park Books
- 31st Jan 2023
- World excluding Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, United States, Canada, and Japan
- 300 mm x 240 mm
- 272 Pages
- 400 color, 100 b&w
Distributed by ACC Art Books
Please log-in or create an account to see your recent items.