Alfredo Häberli – Verbal Scribbles
30 Years, 30 Questions, 30 Answers. People, Places, Objects—1980–2022
- Swiss designer Alfredo Häberli introduces readers to his world of thought and speaks of his encounters and exchanges with people such as Stephen Bayley, Riccardo Blumer, Tyler Brûlé, Achille Castiglioni, Sarah Douglas, Rolf Fehlbaum, Konstantin Grcic, Ross Lovegrove, Italo Lupi, Enzo Mari, Francesca Molteni, Jasper Morrison, Bruno Munari, Valentina Raggi, Alice Rawsthorn, Robert Thiemann, and Patricia Urquiola
- A tribute to the people, places, and objects that have shaped Alfredo Häberli and his understanding of design
- Thirty personalities of the design world ask questions that Alfredo Häberli answers
- Alfredo Häberli is one of the world’s most renowned product designers
Alfredo Häberli, who was born in Buenos Aires in 1964 and has been working from Zurich since the 1980s, is one of the world’s most widely acclaimed product designers. Major international brands such as BMW, Camper, Georg Jensen, Iittala, Luceplan, Moroso, Schiffini, or Vitra are among his clients, for whom he has designed furniture, lamps, objects, tableware, or even entire interiors. Häberli’s work has been shown in numerous exhibitions throughout Europe and has earned him many awards over the years.
In the first of this book’s two volumes, Häberli looks back at the people, places, and objects that have influenced him and shaped his ideas and creative process. He tells of his visits with the great Italian designers, the British and American role models influencing him, and about inspiring exchanges with colleagues such as Konstantin Grcic, Jasper Morrison, or Patricia Urquiola. Moreover, his encounters with visionary entrepreneurs, and the places, locations, and objects that forged his understanding of design come into focus through text and images.
For the second volume, Häberli invited 30 personalities from his circle to ask him one question each, which he answers frankly and in good humour. These personalities include fellow designers, architects, critics, journalists, and creative directors such as Stephen Bayley, Tyler Brûlé, Francesca Molteni, and Alice Rawsthorn.
- Scheidegger & Spiess
- Publish date
- 10th Apr 2023
- Paperback / softback
- World excluding Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, United States, Canada, and Japan
- 260 mm x 180 mm
- 232 Pages
- 80 color