Arches to Zigzags
An Architectural ABC
Log in to add this to your wishlist.
- A colourful, lively, and educational architectural journey through the ABCs
- A book full of architectural examples, new and old, different styles, and diverse locations
- New words for young readers, engaging descriptions for the more sophisticated
- Beautiful, high-quality photographs - from the extraordinary to the everyday - that are colourful, detailed, and visually engaging
- Smart, funny, lively verses describing the architectural examples and engaging the reader with challenging questions about what they see
Full DescriptionArches to Zigzags introduces its audience (both young and old) to the world of architecture through the alphabet. It challenges young readers with new words and images, while adults will widen their own knowledge of architecture. Captivating images and clever wordplay entertain folks of all ages to explore the built environment. The book begins its journey through architecture with an Arch (for the letter A), then a Balcony, and next on to Column Capitals. Along the way, readers will learn about some less-familiar architectural examples (like Finial, for instance), Keystone, Obelisk, and Quoin. Each letter and its corresponding image are described with light verse, which asks the reader some quick questions about what they see. This colourful, lively, and entertaining book closes with some thoughts about what architecture is, why it's important, and where you'll find examples of architecture in the buildings you visit and use every day. There's also information on the location and history of each of the 26 beautiful images in the book, in case you want to check them out on your own. Created by an architect, writer, photographer, and librarian, Arches to Zigzags connects architecture with the letters of the alphabet, from A to Z.
- ORO Editions
- 28th Oct 2020
- 273 mm x 241 mm
- 48 Pages
- 46 color