The Entity of Being / L’Entità dell’Essere / Die Einheit des Seins
- The book traces Babetto's work from his beginnings in the "Paduan School" to his most recent artwork
- Masterful art jewellery, drawings, sacred and silver works, furniture, and architecture
- A comprehensive tribute to one of the most important Italian jewellery artists
- Accompanies an exhibition at the Museo Civico di Asolo (IT), from 7 May – 24 July 2022
The Italian goldsmith of the “Paduan School” Giampaolo Babetto is famous for his jewellery – geometrically distinct shapes arranged into refined entities of extraordinary perfection and beauty. However, the artist’s wide-ranging spectrum also includes furniture design, silverwork, sculptures, liturgical utensils, and architecture; even his design drawings possess an autonomous character and artistic value.
In addition to Christian iconography, his sources of inspiration include the fresco cycles of Renaissance artist Jacopo da Pontormo but also echo Minimalism, Neoplasticism, Neoconstructivism, and “arte programmata/cinetica.”
The Entity of Being presents the first overarching survey of the virtuoso Babetto. The comprehensive catalogue section is complemented by four contributions that provide exciting insights into the work of this universal artist.
Text in English, German and Italian.
- Arnoldsche Art Publishers
- Publish date
- 11th Jul 2022
- UK, US, Eastern Europe, France, Benelux, Japan, South Korea, Africa, South America & Ireland exclusive. South Africa, N&M East non-exclusive
- 280 mm x 210 mm
- 328 Pages
- 688 color