A Photographic Album of the World's Largest Animals
- The definitive book on the giants of the animal kingdom: two photographers share what moves them when they come face to face with the world’s largest animals, and allow us to experience their encounters in this spectacular wildlife photography book
- Amos Nachoum and Marko Dimitrijevic use human emotions like amazement, awe and excitement to portray the world’s biggest animals and take us along on a moving journey around the world
- The debut of an award-winning work of a lifetime: The first book of wildlife photography by acclaimed photographers and friends Amos Nachoum and Marko Dimitrijevic contains both prize-winning photographs and photographs that have never been seen before
- Winner of the Nature Book category at Prix de la Photographie Paris 2023
“If you’re a lover of wildlife imagery, this is worth adding to your wishlist” —Amateur Photographer
“…an amazing new photobook on the giants of the animal kingdom…” —Examiner USA
“This is the type of book that makes a handsome gift for any wildlife lover. But you’ll want to look at every photo before giving it away.” —Inhabitat
“This book marvelously lives up to its title, not just in size… but in subject matter: big animals, from lions to sharks to grizzly bears, all stunningly photographed by two highly accomplished wildlife photographers who decided to combine their work for this wondrous portfolio.” —Air Mail
When we encounter an animal in nature, it triggers something in us; we feel a certain emotion in the presence of the other creature: amazement, adoration, fascination, and indeed, in some situations, fear and apprehension. But a brush with a deer, wild boar, or hare is no comparison to a rendezvous with a grizzly, lion, shark, or pod of whales. Amos Nachoum and Marko Dimitrijevic have experienced this hundreds of times in their combined 70 years as wildlife photographers. Now, for the first time, they are combining their award-winning photographs with previously unpublished photographs of the world’s largest animals in one book. The two photographers, who are also friends, tell us what it is like to be out in the wild and look the world’s biggest animals right in the eye.
The structure of the book’s chapters is arranged based on human emotions such as amazement, admiration, fear, and love. In their book, Nachoum and Dimitrijevic bring us closer to the giant animals of our planet, and allow us to share what these two men feel during these encounters, helping us learn about ourselves when we do so.
Text in English and German.
- teNeues Books
- 29th Apr 2022
- World excluding Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands
- 340 mm x 275 mm
- 256 Pages
- 180 color