Outstanding International Brick Architecture
- Features the fifty winning and shortlisted designs submitted for the 2018 international Wienerberger Brick Award, chosen by a top-class international jury
- Presents a total of fifty outstanding achievements in contemporary brick architecture
- All projects are richly illustrated with atmospheric images and plans
- Five topical essays by renowned international authors round out the book
Brick architecture is more vibrant than ever. As a building material, brick has been in use constantly for more than nine millennia. Today, the appreciation of its versatile application, construction qualities, and its energy efficiency remains unbroken.
Since 2004, Wienerberger, the world’s largest manufacturer of bricks and other clay building materials, biannually presents the international Brick Award as a scene for outstanding achievements in brick architecture. The 2018 edition of this master class saw more than 600 submissions from forty-four countries. This book features the fifty nominees and the seven winning designs, which are located in Argentina, Belgium, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and Vietnam. All projects are presented in texts and richly illustrated with atmospheric images, site and floor plans, views, elevations and sections. Five topical essays by international authors round out this celebration of contemporary brick architecture.
- Park Books
- 25th Jun 2018
- World excluding Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, United States, Canada, and Japan
- 300 mm x 240 mm
- 296 Pages
- 300 color, 100 b&w