Outstanding International Brick Architecture
- Presents the winning designs of the international Brick Award 22, chosen by a top-class international jury of architects
- Features 50 outstanding achievements in contemporary brick architecture
- All projects are richly illustrated with atmospheric images and plans
- Five topical essays by renowned international authors and architects
From hand-made brick to high-tech product: building with blocks of fired clay today draws from a heritage of nine millennia and remains innovative, sustainable, and highly appreciated for its manifold applications.
Since 2004, Wienerberger, the world’s largest manufacturer of bricks and other clay building materials, biennially presents the international Brick Award as a scene for outstanding achievements in brick architecture. The 2022 edition of this master class saw 789 submissions from 53 countries, that were reviewed by an international jury of experts. This book features the 50 nominees and the 5 winning designs, which are located in Africa, Asia, Europe, and Central America. All projects are presented in texts and richly illustrated with atmospheric images, site and floor plans, views, elevations and sections. Five topical essays by international authors, discussing the winning buildings in a wider context, round out this celebration of contemporary brick architecture.
- Park Books
- Publish date
- 13th Jun 2022
- World excluding Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, United States, Canada, and Japan
- 305 mm x 245 mm
- 288 Pages
- 300 color, 100 b&w