Buchner Bründler – Buildings II
- Basel-based Buchner Bründler Architects is one of Switzerland’s leading firms of the younger generation
- This new monograph features some 60 built and unrealised designs by Buchner Bründler Architects
- Heavily illustrated with some 1,500 photographs, sketches, plans, and visualisations, most of them previously unpublished
- The firms’s first monograph Buchner Bründler: Buildings, also designed by Ludovic Balland, was awarded the gold medal in the 2012 Best Book Design from all over the World competition
Basel-based architects Daniel Buchner and Andreas Bründler established their studio in 1997 and soon gained wide recognition for their designs. Today, Buchner Bründler Architects ranks among the leading Swiss firm of the younger generation. This book, their second major monograph, features around 15 completed projects from 2010 to 2020 in rich detail. The selection comprises new buildings as well as significant reconstructions, with a focus on housing designs of various size and type in Switzerland and Germany. This is supplemented by a heavily illustrated survey of another 50 buildings and unrealised projects.
Buchner Bründler – Buildings II does not merely bring together images, sketches, model photographs, and plans of individual buildings. Much rather, it places them in a larger context with concise texts that explore as well historic, social, and economical aspects of the specific location. Moreover, the renowned Swiss book designer Ludovic Balland and his collaborator Annina Schepping have experimented with a range of photographic methods and techniques. Their artistic interpretations of Buchner Bründler’s buildings complete a stunningly beautiful volume.
- Park Books
- Publish date
- 12th Sep 2022
- World excluding Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, United States, Canada, and Japan
- 300 mm x 270 mm
- 480 Pages
- 1200 color, 300 b&w