Capture the Moment
An Architect's Guide to Travel Sketching
- This book focuses on sketching buildings and cityscapes from observation using coloured pencil
- It clarifies the mystery of perspective along with the other aspects of sketching
- It stresses rapid sketching in the moment allowing the right-brain to take over
- This book fills a niche in the pantheon of books on sketching
With sketches from around the world, this book takes you on a journey starting with the definition of sketching from observation and an introduction to right-brain drawing. You get a discussion of black and white and colour sketching with a focus on coloured pencil as an easy-to-use medium. Perspective drawing is demystified and you then take side trips to understand shade and shadow, reflections, landscapes, streetscapes, sky and skyline.
This book presents the fundamentals of rapid coloured pencil sketching to ‘capture the moment’ for designers and for travellers who have always wanted to draw the notable places they visit.
- ORO Editions
- 21st Sep 2020
- Paperback / softback
- World excluding USA, Canada, Australasia & Asia (except Japan; China non-exclusive)
- 203 mm x 203 mm
- 226 Pages
- 130 color