Chasing the Mountain Light
A Life Photographing Wild Places
- Ravishing black-and-white photos of mountain wilderness, reproduced as duotones of exceptional quality
- Photographer and mountaineer David Neilson shares his most awe-inspiring images from around the world and recounts a lifetime of adventures
- Includes South West Tasmania, Patagonia, Antarctica, the Karakoram, and the Alps of Australia, New Zealand, and Europe
- Includes seven vertical double-page spreads: turn the book sideways and get lost in the heights!
From his childhood in Melbourne, David Neilson (b. 1946) has been motivated by his twin loves of mountaineering and photography. He has made multiple expeditions to southwest Tasmania, Patagonia, and Antarctica, and published critically acclaimed photo books about each of these places; he has also carried his camera into the Karakoram, and the Alps of Australia, New Zealand, and Europe. In this oversize volume, Neilson recounts his lifelong quest to capture the mountain light and encourage the preservation of wild places. His most spectacular images of jagged peaks, massive glaciers, and hardy wildlife are reproduced as duotones of the highest quality. A number of vertical double-page images even invite readers to turn the book sideways to immerse themselves in the mountain heights. Chasing the Mountain Light will delight all lovers of the outdoors.
- Abbeville Press
- Publish date
- 11th Oct 2022
- World excluding USA, Canada, Puerto Rico, Australia and New Zealand
- 324 mm x 305 mm
- 252 Pages
- 198 b&w