Hanau New Town Map
- A voyage into the history of the city of Hanau
- Gives insights into working methods of sculptor Claus Bury
- Text in English and German
The Hanau City Map project by Claus Bury relates to the new city of Hanau, which was formed from 1597 on and is characterised by its strictly geometric pattern of streets and star-shaped ramparts. The walk-on granite sculpture on the square directly next to the Walloon-Dutch church references the city map engraved in copper in 1632 by Matthäus Merian and revitalises Hanau’s historical 17th century topography through its relief-like recesses and encompassing seating areas. An installation spanning centuries that brings the history, present, and future into a flourishing dialogue for the visitors of Hanau.
Text in English and German.
- Arnoldsche Art Publishers
- 3rd Dec 2021
- UK, US, Eastern Europe, France, Benelux, Japan, South Korea, Africa, South America & Ireland exclusive. South Africa, N&M East, China non-exclusive
- 270 mm x 245 mm
- 88 Pages
- 60 color
Distributed by ACC Art Books
Please log-in or create an account to see your recent items.