Ring of the Nibelung for Children
- This book shows in stunning and intimate pictures how opera really works!
- The first book to become a finalist at the Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival in the category Media Lions - Best use of sponsorship
- Honorable mention at the German Photobook Award, Germany's most renowned book award for photography
- A book that all opera buffs will love!
This book documents the production of Wagner's Ring Cycle for Children, from the very first sketches to the last curtain call at the premiere in the roof tent of the Vienna State Opera and illustrates the chronology of a theatre event full of magic. The texts were provided by Ioan Holender, director of the Vienna State Opera, and by Matthias von Stegmann who not only directed the German premiere and the first European performance, but also wrote the libretto and prepared a completely revised and translated German version of Wagner's Ring Cycle for Children. Photographer Lois Lammerhuber closely documented each individual stage of the production, offering viewers a look behind, above and under the stage. What does it take to make a first-rate operatic event come true - from initial talks of the director with the singers, to conceiving the stage set and designing the costumes, to rehearsing the singers, the dress rehearsal and the first night itself.
Text in English, German & French.
Contents: I Want to Get Children Enthusuastic About Opera" - Foreword by Ioan Holender, Director of Vienna State Opera; Opening at 10am: Transcript of the presentation on the very first rehersal of Wagner's Ring Cycle for Children, held by Libtrettist and stage director Matthias von Stegmann.
- Edition Lammerhuber
- 8th Feb 2013
- World excluding Germany, Switzerland, & Austria
- 320 mm x 240 mm
- 262 Pages
- 159 color