Die Wand- und Bodenstanduhren der Habsburgermonarchie
- Two extensive volumes in a decorative slipcase
- A major reference work for all clock enthusiasts
- Including a unique index with over 14,000 entries
This two-volume publication illustrates the evolutionary history of the pendulum clock from the early Age of Metternich and provides detailed explanations on their engineering. In addition, it contains a catalogue with almost 400 wall and longcase clocks, most of which have never been published, and a unique index with over 14,000 entries on clockmakers from all over the Austrian Empire, including a vast amount of previously unknown masters and workshops. It also includes biographical information on the makers, locations of the workshops, masterpieces and exhibits from trade exhibitions, inventions, characteristic features of the pieces, sales outlets, and the prices of the time. An indispensable compendium on classic longcase and wall clocks of the Austrian Empire and a major reference work for all those with an interest in clocks!
Text in German.
- Arnoldsche Art Publishers
- Publish date
- 11th Dec 2023
- UK, US, Eastern Europe, France, Benelux, Japan, South Korea, Africa, South America & Ireland exclusive. South Africa, N&M East, China non-exclusive
- 280 mm x 240 mm
- 1328 Pages
- 1000 color