- Drawn is a compendium tracing Craig Frazier’s 40-year career as an internationally recognised designer/illustrator known for his visual riddles, graphic wit, and simplicity
- Drawn is for the creatively curious - designers, illustrators, writers, photographers, art directors, CEOs, entrepreneurs, students and professionals alike. It is for anyone - inside the design profession and out - in search of their own unique voice in their work
- Drawn showcases 250 full-colour illustrations and 180 drawings from his projects and personal sketchbooks
- Craig describes how he translated his childhood love of drawing into a lifelong career making images for clients around the world. He demonstrates how the discipline of being an ‘illustrating graphic designer’ was the perfect foundation for becoming a ‘designing illustrator’
- Presented in image and word, Drawn serves to inspire and remind us of the rich rewards of loving your job
Drawn is a compendium of Craig Frazier’s illustrations for the most prominent publications and businesses in America and abroad. The book presents over 250 illustrations and sketches curated from a career spanning over 40 years. Respected by design peers and leaders in business, Frazier’s illustrations connect two often disparate audiences with wit, metaphor and unabashed simplicity. Incorporated are several essays by Frazier on his upbringing and love of drawing, the transition from designer to illustrator, the computer, the business of illustrating, and myriad stories of how – and why – he makes the work that he makes.
Through essays and illustration, Drawn shows Frazier’s career of work as a designer then an illustrator. He reveals in personal detail the principles and underpinnings of that work. Frazier talks about the business of illustration and his early plan he had to secure the right clientele and the style that he was formulating. He describes his commitment to create conceptual illustrations that are embedded with visual riddles, incongruities and wit designed to intrigue the reader – the style he is recognised for.
Drawn is a deeply personal journey through Frazier’s creative career. His candor in word and work is equally inspiring and entertaining.
- ORO Editions
- Publish date
- 10th Jun 2024
- World excluding USA, Canada, Australasia & Asia (except Japan; China non-exclusive)
- 262 mm x 197 mm
- 300 Pages
- 250 color