French Cuisine With a Twist
- Provides an almanac of the degustation - appreciative tasting of various foods - menus that have featured in the past at the chef's own venue, Bistro à Table, which remains the only restaurant in Malaysia to have themed degustation dinners every month
- Presents lavishly photographed dishes, accompanied by a set of experimental recipes for each of Isadora Chai's degustation menus, which showcase her originality, sophistication, and innovative qualities
- Recipes are expertly set out with incredible attention to detail of each specific element on the plate, and include international cuisines, spectacular desserts, and other delectable dishes
- Features the author's very own graphic Manga novel, Raxicon, which showcases a unique set of degustation dishes. Each chapter records a particular degustation theme and offers an insight into how the chef's past and present transgressions were translated into edible satire
This book is every foodie’s dream cookbook, a book like no other: a secret almanac of sorts of the themed degustation nights that have featured in Isadora Chai’s venue, Bistro à Table, in Kuala Lumpur – a hole-in-the-wall venue that remains as the only restaurant in Malaysia to have themed degustation dinners every month.
Resplendent with stunningly detailed photography, Isadora Chai’s cookbook explores her gastro gourmand’s take on a delicious array of superbly satirical but infinitely edible recipes. She details many sophisticated, very passionate, and innovative culinary surprises, including a wide range of dishes directly reversed, such as the Reversed Sushi and the Reversed Root Beer Float, where the proportions of the components and the composition of well-known dishes are reversed. Other menus reflect the heady worlds of politics, love and war no less. The book also includes a beautifully illustrated Manga graphic novel – by the author’s own hand – which presents an exquisite collection of dishes from the degustation combining modern Japanese food, subculture and art. Intrigued? This book is unique and spectacularly expressive snapshot of a culinary expert whose star continues to be on the rise.
- Images Publishing Group
- 18th Mar 2019
- World excluding Japan and South East Asia
- 305 mm x 235 mm
- 224 Pages
- 150 color, b&w