- Monograph of works by Enric Mestre, one of the greatest living ceramic artists
- Breaks the barrier between applied arts and free sculpture
- Features selected works from Mestre's complete oeuvre
Despite the fundamental functions that architecture must perform, it will always inspire artists across all genres with its masterful handling of space, harmony and proportion. Enric Mestre (b.1936) is one of those observers of space and volume who have left their mark on the ceramic sculptural art movement of the 20th century and beyond. As one of the key artists of the Spanish school, his name is mentioned in the same breath as master sculptors Jorge Oteiza and Eduardo Chillida. His sculptures come across as sober spatial constructions, but appearances are deceptive: these objects have a poetic force that counters the gaze of the beholder.
This book celebrates the master’s best creations and is a perfect opportunity to discover or rediscover his timeless work.
Text in English and Spanish.
- Arnoldsche Art Publishers
- 13th Apr 2020
- UK, US, Eastern Europe, France, Benelux, Japan, South Korea, Africa, South America & Ireland exclusive. South Africa, N&M East non-exclusive
- 280 mm x 240 mm
- 216 Pages
- 130 color