- Discover the distinguished work of yet (almost) unknown Swiss artist Esther Brinkmann
- Due to the time she spent in China and India, her foremost minimalist jewellery is more and more enriched by local crafting traditions
- Published to accompany an exhibition at Galerie ViceVersa, Lausanne,19 November to 17 December 2023
The work of Esther Brinkmann is characterised by the meaning she bestows on the ring, its relationship to the hand and, perhaps most surprisingly, to its case. The Swiss artist prefers processed and textured materials, which now also include new component forms, techniques, and substances since her time living in China and India.
She established a further education training program in jewellery design — a unique undertaking in Switzerland — at the Haute École d’Art et de Design (HEAD) in Geneva. Here, her knowledge and autonomy in her work have already shaped several other artistic careers.
This publication presents Esther Brinkman’s oeuvre from the past 30 years and highlights for the first time the remarkable strength and the freedom that distinguish the artist’s rich career.
Text in English and French.
- Arnoldsche Art Publishers
- 21st Nov 2022
- UK, US, Eastern Europe, France, Benelux, Japan, South Korea, Africa, South America & Ireland exclusive. South Africa, N&M East non-exclusive
- 287 mm x 233 mm
- 208 Pages
- 165 color