Treasures of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- More than 275 garments and accessories arranged chronologically
- Fabulous colour photographs of pieces ranging from a gilt-embroidered Jacobean jacket to dramatic silk brocade robes á la française, to elaborate turn-of-the-century couture gowns by the House of Worth, to iconic designs by modern masters such as Charles James and Alexander McQueen
- Concise introductions to each era of fashion describe the contemporary trends and cultural influences
- The Museum of Fine Arts, Boston celebrates its 150th anniversary in 2020, with numerous promotions throughout the year
- Part of the successful Tiny Folio series making this book a perfect small gift for the fashion lover
A visual history of fashion that fits in the palm of your hand.
Drawing from the extensive Textile and Fashion Arts Collection of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, this miniature history of European and American fashion features some 275 garments, accessories, and related works of art from the 17th century to the present. Dress historian Allison Taylor introduces each new era with a concise overview of the period's fashionable styles and silhouettes, as well as the underlying historical and cultural influences. This chic Tiny Folio is the perfect gift for fashionistas and fashion historians alike.