Fawad Kazi KSSG–OKS
Volume II: Haus 10
- Volume 2 of the five-part building monograph on Zurich-based Fawad Kazi Architects’ rebuilding and extension project St Gallen’s cantonal hospital (KSSG) and the new regional children’s hospital for eastern Switzerland (OKS)
- The extension St. Gallen’s hospital complex is one of Switzerland’s most ambitions undertakings in construction for public health
- Hospitals are among the most important public construction projects that also have a powerful impact on the cityscape
- Text in English and German
In 2011, Zurich-based architect Fawad Kazi, together with the KSSG-OKS planning consortium, won the competition for the rebuilding and extension of St Gallen’s cantonal hospital (KSSG) and the new regional children’s hospital for eastern Switzerland (OKS). By 2028, this huge undertaking will have transformed the whole area they are built in. This building monograph, laid out in five elegant volumes, documents in much detail the ambitious project, which is a significant trailblazer in the area of hospital design and urban development.
This second volume is devoted to KSSG’s Haus 10, situated at the northern end of the site. Connected to the hospital’s main building by means of an ingenious passage, it serves to treat walk-in patients. Its flexible structure allows adaptions to suit also future needs of KSSG. The interior design is based on materials and features intended also for the other new buildings still to come.
Text in English and German.
- Park Books
- 6th Sep 2021
- World excluding Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, United States, Canada, and Japan
- 230 mm x 305 mm
- 64 Pages
- 36 color, 34 b&w
- Name of series
- Fawad Kazi KSSG–OKS
Distributed by ACC Art Books
Please log-in or create an account to see your recent items.