- Explores the life of legendary graffiti artist Futura, aka Lenny McGurr, from the 1980s until today, including backstage images of the artist at work through the decades and his artworks
- The first dedicated celebration of Futura's work, gathering his graffiti in a single volume
- Presents Futura's work from his early beginnings to his current pieces
“I guess I must admire the need to set things on fire.”
This quote, lifted from Futura’s collaboration with punk band The Clash, illustrates the artist’s approach to his creative career as a whole. The so-called father of abstract graffiti started out in the 1970s, bombing the trains of his hometown New York. He later transferred this style into paintings on canvas, and was praised by the likes of Keith Haring and Jean-Michel Basquiat. Along with them, Futura has been a major influencer of youth culture through his collaborations with iconic brands like NIKE, Levi’s, Vans, Hennessey and Medicom Toys, as well as with his own brand, Futura Laboratories. For the past 40 years, he has continually been pushing the boundaries of street art.
- Drago International Entertainment
- 13th Aug 2019
- Paperback / softback
- World excluding Italy, France, USA & Canada
- 310 mm x 240 mm
- 240 Pages
- 240 color
Distributed by ACC Art Books
Please log-in or create an account to see your recent items.