Tailor Made Architecture
- Gewers Pudewill is one of Germany’s most successful and influential contemporary architecture firms
- Features 25 designs by Gewers Pudewill, the majority realised since 2019
- Lavishly illustrated with new and previously unpublished images by distinguished German architectural photographer HG Esch
- Five topical essays explore the evolution and design philosophy of Gewers Pudewill
Gewers Pudewill is one of the most influential and successful contemporary German architecture firms. From their base in Berlin, founding partners Georg Gewers and Henry Pudewill are committed to a wide variety of projects: office buildings, conversions of manufacturing and commercial structures, housing, research buildings, and nursing residences for the elderly. Their designs combine functional and conceptual aspects with a highly expressive formal language.
This book presents a selection of Gewers Pudewill’s most exciting buildings realised since 2019, located in Berlin, Hamburg, Regensburg, Rostock, Stuttgart, and Wolfsburg. The lavishly illustrated volume features newly taken large-format photographs by the renowned German architectural photographer HG Esch, supplemented by five essays contributed by architectural publicist Ulf Meyer, who highlights the common threads in the firm’s evolution and explains its philosophy.
- Park Books
- Publish date
- 11th Dec 2023
- World excluding Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, United States, Canada, and Japan
- 300 mm x 200 mm
- 272 Pages
- 116 color, 43 b&w