Gone Astray / Auf Abwegen
The Art of Gold- and Silversmithing on the Edge of Reason: Vessel – Jewellery – Holloware / Zeitgenössische Gold- und Silberschmiedekunst am Rande der Vernunft: Gefäß – Schmuck – Gerät
- The new anthology compiled by Ellen Maurer Zilioli and Cornelia Holzach follows the most recent developments in gold- and silversmithing
- Featuring 150 works by 28 artists
- Accompanies exhibitions at the Pforzheim Jewellery Museum, Germany 6 October 2023 - 14 January 2024, and the CODA Museum, Apeldoorn, Netherlands 19 May - 22 September 2024
Contemporary gold- and silversmithing encompasses a vast range. Increasingly, a daring, (self-)critical, and inventive scene is edging its way to the fore, focusing on challenging the innovative expansion of classical forms and motifs of jewellery, vessels, and hollowware. Purpose, function, and our normative understanding of beauty are placed on a new footing through experiments with materials and performative stagings. Socially relevant considerations and artistic references inform the objects’ designs and are an invitation to an entertaining yet recondite “tour de plasir” featuring some 150 works by 28 artists – proof once more of gold- and silversmithing’s controversial creative potential today.
Text in English and German.
- Arnoldsche Art Publishers
- Publish date
- 9th Oct 2023
- UK, US, Eastern Europe, France, Benelux, Japan, South Korea, Africa, South America & Ireland exclusive. South Africa, N&M East, China non-exclusive
- 265 mm x 200 mm
- 160 Pages
- 220 color