- An insider’s guide to Belgium’s hidden gems and lesser-known spots
- Written by a true local, filled with independent advice, based on thorough research and the author's personal opinions
- An inspirational and practical guide to the country’s most interesting places, buildings, restaurants, shops, museums, galleries, neighbourhoods, gardens and cafes.
- A recently updated edition in Luster’s successful and attractive Hidden series of regional and country guides
This revised and updated guide is journalist Derek Blyth’s personal ode to the most beautiful and intriguing spots in what he calls "the world's strangest country". He shares hundreds of places to go, things to do and interesting facts, presented in original lists such as: art in unexpected places, haunting war cemeteries, roadside fries stands, unique shop interiors, and lovely secret gardens. You’ll discover bizarre but fascinating places like an abandoned car factory and a dreamy castle full of hidden messages, as well as amazing contemporary architecture and the most authentic cafes to drink a Belgian beer. Hidden Belgium is the perfect companion for those who wish to explore Belgium off the beaten track, in all its splendor and quirkiness. Even long-time residents are bound to discover many hidden gems thanks to this one-of-a-kind guide.
Also available: Hidden Holland, Hidden Scotland, Hidden Brooklyn, Hidden Tenerife, Hidden Malta. Discover the series: the500hiddensecrets.com
- Luster Publishing
- 18th May 2022
- Paperback / softback
- World excluding Benelux, France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Spain, Portugal, and selected Eastern European countries. Scandinavia non-exclusive
- 185 mm x 130 mm
- 272 Pages
- 100 color
- Name of series