Hip Hop Culture
A roadtrip across Europe
- A hip-hop road trip travel guide through 6 European countries following in the footsteps of rappers, graffiti artists, DJs, and breakdancers
- Organised by Porsche in collaboration with hip-hop expert Niko Backspin
- Hip-hop is not just a clothing style or a music genre — hip-hop has the power to connect people from different countries and backgrounds and to hand down values like respect, tolerance and passion from generation to generation
Hip-hop expert and Backspin publisher Niko Backspin, together with Porsche, has created a new travel guide to Europe’s hip-hop music and culture. Far from promotion tours or concert halls, Hüls meets and talks to rappers, DJs, street performers and breakdancers. Part of Porsche’s ‘Back 2 Tape’ documentary series, this guide sheds a light on the influence of urban hip-hop youth culture in European cities.
With 17 artists from Germany, the Netherlands, the UK, France, Spain and Denmark, it combines portraits of hip-hop stars such as Kool Savas (Berlin), Lord Esperanza (Paris), Edson Sabajo (Amsterdam), Falsalarma (Barcelona), Lars Pedersen (Copenhagen) and the Flying Steps (Berlin) with destinations that every hip-hop and road trip fan in Europe should visit.
"This book is an invitation to encounter European hip-hop culture with all its diversity in an open and positive way..." Niko Backspin
- Delius Klasing Verlag Gmbh
- 19th Jul 2021
- Paperback / softback
- World excluding Germany, Switzerland and Austria
- 230 mm x 162 mm
- 196 Pages