In Perfect Shape
- In 2022, legendary furniture designer Fritz Hansen will celebrate its 150th anniversary
- To mark the occasion, a completely revised new edition of the successful 2017 book is being released
- This book is exactly what a coffee table book should be, with striking photography, concise writing, and an appealing design
- If Scandinavian design is the epitome of stylish interiors, then Fritz Hansen is lifestyle at its best – the perfect inspiration for design lovers and professionals alike
When you step into the headquarters of Fritz Hansen in Allerød, northwest of Copenhagen, you breathe in the spirit of a company that has made design history. The showroom, a mecca for students of design and architecture, displays pieces that have become icons, including the Series 7 chair, the Swan lounge chair, and the Lissoni sofa.
A recurring theme in the history of the Danish furniture maker is its collaborations with big-name visionary designers like Arne Jacobsen, Poul Kjærholm, and Piero Lissoni. With these influxes of fresh energy and an unwavering commitment to Fritz Hansen’s core values of creativity, the finest craftsmanship, and the utmost attention to even the smallest details, the company has succeeded in placing its products in the collective consciousness of humanity as well as in the offices of the President of the UN General Assembly, the Crown Plaza Hotel in Bangkok, the Banquet Hall of Oxford’s venerable St. Catherine’s College, New York’s Museum of Modern Art, and private homes all over the world.
With over 150 breathtaking photos, this thoughtfully designed coffee table book recounts the history of an exclusive brand, the marvellous pieces of furniture that has made it so revered, and provides examples of how a single piece of furniture can beautify an entire room or building, and fire the imagination of those who live there.
Whether you’re leaving the world of Fritz Hansen in Allerød or closing this book, it will be with a wealth of new creative ideas and the knowledge that before sustainability became a trendy buzzword, Fritz Hansen was already practicing it in its purest sense, true to its motto of “Crafting Timeless Design".
- teNeues Books
- 14th Feb 2022
- World excluding Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands
- 250 mm x 320 mm
- 224 Pages