Italian Cooking School: Dolci
- Learn to make the very best Italian cookies, pastries, and cakes in your very own home with this dessert class in a book - created by Italy's premier cooking magazine - Alice Cucina!
- Easy step-by-step recipes with pictures to master the art of pastry in your kitchen
- Tips, tricks, rules and everything you need to know about desserts
- Covers everything from the classics, like tiramisu, to small & single portions, to party and holiday desserts
A delicious dessert is the perfect sweet ending to a meal – and no one knows how to create those treats like the Italians. With the help of these recipes, step-by-step photographs, and clear instructions from culinary magazine Alice Cucina, it’s easy to create delicacies for every occasion, from breakfast pastries to yummy snacks to birthday and holiday cakes. You’ll learn all the basics, including how to prepare puff pastry, shortbread, and brioche, before exploring classics like Wine and Anise Donuts, Blackberry Cheesecake, and Tiramisu with Mascarpone and Espresso; smaller bites such as Cream Puffs (Bigne) with Chocolate Mousseline and Coconut and Almond Cakes with Strawberry Compote; and beautifully plated dishes, including a Coconut and Mango Chiffon Cake, a Pavlova with Rose Cream and Plum, and a Semifreddo Truffle with Cocoa and Hazelnuts.
Alice Cucina, on newsstands since 2009, is Italy’s leading monthly culinary magazine. In addition to the monthly editions, it publishes a supplement I Colori Della Cucina (the Colors of the Kitchen) and the themed, bimonthly I Quaderni Di Alice (Alice’s Notebooks). November 2017 saw the launch of Facile Cucina (Easy Cooking), a new magazine targeting a wider group of home cooks with its easier, quicker approach.
- White Star
- 8th Sep 2023
- World excluding USA & Canada; India non-exclusive; Italy non-exclusive
- 185 mm x 245 mm
- 224 Pages