The First Summit of Jewelry Artists from East and West
- Artists: Anton Cepka, Florica Farcasu, Helena Frantová, Darina Horváthová, Libuse Hlubucková, Hermann Jünger, Jaroslav Kodejs, Helfried Kodré, Elisabeth Defner-Kodré, Pavel Krbálek, Bruno Martinazzi, Blanca Nepasická, Manaba Magomedova, Eleonora Rejtharová, Josef Symon, Jerzy Zaremski and Othmar Zschaler
- Includes a complete reprint of the 1968 catalogue
- Accompanies the exhibition at Die Neue Sammlung - The Design Museum, Munich (DE), 10 March-3 June 2018
2018 marks the fiftieth anniversary of the first international symposium of silver jewellery Jablonec '68. Thanks to the liberalisation endeavours as part of the 'Prague Spring', European jewellery artists from East and West came together for a 'summit' at the invitation of the Czech artists' association in Jablonec, northern Bohemia. On the guest list were such renowned names as Anton Cepka, Hermann Junger and Bruno Martinazzi - artists celebrated today as the founders of studio jewellery. The jewellery pieces that developed at that time have remained in the Muzeum skla a bizuterie in Jablonec nad Nisou and to this day have lost nothing of their exceptional and pioneering aura. This publication - which contains a reprint of the original catalogue from 1968 - makes these pieces accessible to a wider audience for the very first time. A document that in a wholly authentic way allows the reader to experience this unique historical moment in the history of the international studio jewellery scene.
Text in English and German.
Accompanies the exhibition at Die Neue Sammlung The Design Museum, Munich (DE), 10 March-3 June 2018.
- Arnoldsche Art Publishers
- 4th May 2018
- Spiral bound
- UK, US, Eastern Europe, France, Benelux, Japan, South Korea, Africa, South America & Ireland exclusive. South Africa, N&M East non-exclusive
- 240 mm x 240 mm
- 206 Pages
- 48 color, 156 b&w