Jakob Berg: Furniture
- First comprehensive presentation of the Danish designer
- A designer ahead of his time
- Discover how Jakob Berg fruitfully continued the famous Danish Design
This is the first comprehensive presentation of the Danish furniture designer Jakob Berg (1958–2008) and his work. As a designer, he was ahead of his time and not only continued the story of the golden age of Danish Design but, building on this legacy, fundamentally rethought the approach to seating and rest, sustainability, and the role of different wood types. Today, his furniture designs, which have enhanced home interiors around the world, are as current and relevant as ever. The reader is invited on a panoramic tour of Jakob Berg’s wonderful furniture universe, from his early one-offs, presented in art and design exhibitions during the 1980s, to his indoor/outdoor furniture and his many projects around the world. The publication is authored by leading Danish design experts and lavishly illustrated throughout, with 300 photos, as well as drawings and digital sketches. In addition to portraying Jakob Berg’s inspiring body of work, the book is in itself a piece of Danish Design — a unique experience that is not to be missed.
- Arnoldsche Art Publishers
- 3rd Dec 2021
- UK, US, Eastern Europe, France, Benelux, Japan, South Korea, Africa, South America & Ireland exclusive. South Africa, N&M East, China non-exclusive
- 285 mm x 230 mm
- 240 Pages
- 300 color
Distributed by ACC Art Books
Please log-in or create an account to see your recent items.