Jewelry of Ideas
The Susan Grant Lewin Collection
- Superb contemporary art jewellery from the past two decades from the Susan Grant Lewin Collection, on view at Cooper Hewitt Design Museum, New York
- Includes around 150 outstanding pieces by 102 jewellery artists from the United States, Europe, Asia and Australia, mainly from the past 15 years
- Radical developments in jewellery from across the world, from traditional metalsmithing to computer-aided design
- Featuring avant-garde works showcasing the limitless potential of jewellery design
The consummate Susan Grant Lewin Collection - recently donated to Cooper Hewitt - captures the diversity and achievements of contemporary art jewellery with nearly 150 significant works from the last 15 years by designers from the United States, Europe, Asia and Australia. The brooches, necklaces and rings reveal how these contemporary jewellers have revolutionised the medium in transforming jewellery conventions as expressions of our time. Descriptions of specific works demonstrate that while the mastery of materials and techniques is critical to the creative process, it is not an end in itself, but only the means to accomplish an aesthetic vision. Process statements from each designer and a full gallery of the jewellery accompany the narrative sequence of extraordinary, stirring, unique pieces.
Published to accompany the Exhibition at Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum, New York (US), 17 November 2017-28 May 2018.
- Arnoldsche Art Publishers
- 24th Jan 2018
- UK, US, Eastern Europe, France, Benelux, Japan, South Korea, Africa, South America & Ireland exclusive. South Africa, N&M East non-exclusive
- 178 mm x 229 mm
- 176 Pages
- 225 color