Jewelry's Shining Stars: The Next Generation
45 Visionary Women Designers
- Forty-Five new women jewellery designers showcasing today's collectibles that are shaping jewellery's future
- Stunning photographs show a whole host of incredible new collections
- Personal accounts from each designer on how they arrived in the world of jewellery, and the inspiration that produced their iconic pieces
- Seven chapters showing seven different approaches, from reviving tradition to rebelling against it
- Amusing and fascinating anecdotes from the world of a jeweller
Jewelry’s Shining Stars: The Next Generation brings together 45 new women designers who have liberated the way we view and buy jewellery. This compilation of talented women, who hail from around the globe, use techniques such as enamelling, engraving, and creating nuanced textural details in wax models, to bend the rules and break with tradition. While some work with their own hands, whether schooled or self-taught, challenging themselves at the bench, others work alongside artisans to reinvigorate the old school into relevant yet enduring pieces.
The book’s stunning photographs offer a glimpse into each designer’s different aesthetic and are accompanied by the jeweller’s own words, revealing what drives their approach and giving us an insight behind these innovators. With reverence for quality, style, and technique, these 45 talented jewellers are creating today’s collectibles and shaping jewellery’s future.
- ACC Art Books
- Publish date
- 8th Apr 2024
- 300 mm x 230 mm
- 176 Pages