Jewellery & Photography. Where does the Parallel World Exist?
- Fascinating combination of art jewellery and photography
- Portraying nature is a new approach to art jewellery
- Accompanies the exhibition at Bayerischer Kunstgewerbeverein, München (DE), February 19th - April 2nd, 2016, and at The Gallery of Art in Legnica (PL), April 28th - June 5th, 2016
Mari Ishikawa sees a parallel world off the beaten track of everyday living that she wants to make visible with her art. Such counter-worlds are discovered in photographs with long exposures, which are taken up in art jewellery. Together these pairings result in an overall picture that is almost mystical. Silver casts taken from nature are reborn as jewellery in combination with diamonds, pieces of charcoal, or paper. Thus Mari Ishikawa interrupts for a brief moment the flow of transience; a precious object is created that has been wrenched from the cycle of life and death to stand for itself and for the moment.
- Arnoldsche Art Publishers
- 16th Mar 2016
- UK, US, Eastern Europe, France, Benelux, Japan, South Korea, Africa, South America & Ireland exclusive. South Africa, N&M East, China non-exclusive
- 258 mm x 175 mm
- 144 Pages
- 156 color