- #material4.0 presents numerous young international up-and-coming artists
- This publication serves as a intriguing introduction to the most contemporary tendencies in digital art
- Exhibition at the Galerie Stadt Sindelfingen (DE), 6 October 2018 - 3 March 2019
Based on the omnipresent term ‘Industry 4.0’, the publication #material4.0 reflects the interplay between the virtual world and the physical-real space. As part of the exhibition at Galerie Stadt Sindelfingen, 13 international artists, mostly ‘digital natives’, examine how computer dependent automation and digitalisation are reflected in an art context. How does art output change from production to the aesthetic? How is this kind of media used in posing artistic questions? The positions of digital art pioneers fill us in. The publication documents the exhibition with numerous illustrations of works and a collection of complementary texts. Artists: Christian von Borries, Kate Cooper, JAK, Kanta Kimura, Mathilde Lavenne, Jung Lee, Florian Model, Manfred Mohr, Marco Schmitt, Lidia Sigle, Adam Slowik, Ivar Veermae, Ryszard Winiarski. With contributions by Manfred Mohr, Frieder Nake and Peter Weibel.
Exhibition at the Galerie Stadt Sindelfingen (DE), 6 October 2018 – 3 March 2019.
Text in English and German.
- Arnoldsche Art Publishers
- 14th Mar 2019
- Paperback / softback
- UK, US, Eastern Europe, France, Benelux, Japan, South Korea, Africa, South America & Ireland exclusive. South Africa, N&M East, China non-exclusive
- 270 mm x 210 mm
- 96 Pages
- 66 color