- A contemporary guide to the architecture of Moscow, the purpose of which is to tell about the city through its architectural works
- The book's jacket opens out into a map, marking the locations of the architectural works and interesting sites to visit
- Includes general information about Moscow, and useful tips for travellers
- Each entry includes a photo of the whole building, architectural drawings, a short description, and facts including architect, year of construction, address, website, and how to visit
The last fifteen years of Russian history have profoundly altered Moscow, bringing dramatic changes to the Communist city it was in the eighties. These alterations have increasingly highlighted Moscow’s many contrasts and multiple facets.
The guide seeks to do more than just recount and illustrate the city’s architectural history. It strives to be a tool to study the building trends that have shaped it. After a short introduction and the essential information needed to plan a visit, the book includes several essays that give the city’s historical context and then critically consider its possible future developments. The itineraries include about a hundred architectural works, both historical and contemporary, which are fully illustrated with images, drawings and descriptions, and are marked on the front of the map with a reference number corresponding to the section in the book and the icon on the back of the map. The guide also provides information about museums, libraries, institutions, movie theatres, restaurants and gathering places.
- Forma Edizioni
- 20th Aug 2018
- Paperback / softback
- World excluding USA & Canada
- 160 mm x 115 mm
- 224 Pages
- 97 color, 84 b&w