From ABBA to The Who. Photographed by Michael Putland
- Best of Michael Putland: capturing our time’s greatest music legends in spectacular photos
- Famous artists include Madonna, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Pink Floyd, ACDC and many more
From rockstars, pop icons, soul singers to jazz musicians – Michael Putland has photographed them all. Over his 50 year-long career, he has captured some of the world’s most famous singers and bands. Now he brings them all together in one fulminant photographic anthology.
Here, pictures of action-packed concerts are set aside intimate portraits of stars, and atmospheric still life shots accompany those of tension-filled tours and legendary performances. An exclusive insight into this era and the stories behind each photograph is offered by Putland’s personal anecdotes, creating a testament to music’s greatest moments and a must-have for all fans of music and photography.
– unique picture book with images from photographer Michael Putland – in black and white and in colour
– various famous artists found in this book: Madonna, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Pink Floyd, ACDC and many more
– the photographer’s view tells the stories behind the photographs
– a great present for every music and photography enthusiast
A photographic journey through 50 years of music history
Throughout the years, Putland’s work led him around the world. With great passion he photographed greats such as ABBA, The Rolling Stones and Tina Turner. His unique and incomparable photographs capture the soul of each musician, on and off the stage. With an eye for detail, he manages to portray the artists’ individual styles from new and unseen perspectives, making their music tangible through light, shadow and colour.
This photographic anthology is an homage to the greatest legends in music history and to the distinctive work and artistry of Michael Putland!
Text in English and German.
- Delius Klasing Verlag GmbH
- 9th Aug 2022
- World excluding Germany, Switzerland and Austria
- 334 mm x 244 mm
- 352 Pages
- 265 color