Out of This World
Historic Milestones in NASA’s Human Space Flight
- A stunning coffee table book of historically significant NASA photos
- Amazing photographs complemented by quotes and stories from noted personalities at NASA
- A chronological journey through NASA’s history, from Apollo to the James Webb Telescope
- Awe-inspiring, inspirational and motivational, a perfect gift and a must for your library
- Quotes from astronauts Commander James Lovell and John Glenn, as well as John F Kennedy, Ralph Waldo Emerson and many more
“The history of space exploration is best presented in this book of NASA photographs, whose images are universally inspirational.” – Commander James Lovell, Apollo 13
NASA has worked at the forefront of space exploration and research since 1958. Their devotion to furthering our understanding of what lies beyond our atmosphere has seen 12 humans walk on the surface of the moon, helped form the International Space Station, and placed numerous rovers on Mars. Voyager 1, launched by NASA on 5 September 1977, is the furthest manmade object from earth, having left our solar system entirely – and the agency’s plans for the future are equally inspiring.
This book celebrates NASA throughout the years, from its inception to its 60th anniversary in 2018, and beyond. A visual tour-de-force, the book collects high resolution NASA photos of historic significance; from rarely seen photos and the words of President John F. Kennedy commanding the space race, to the many triumphs and tragedies of the Apollo Missions, moon landings, the International Space Station, space shuttles, journeys to Mars and explorations of our galaxy’s outer reaches. These breathtaking images are complemented by heartfelt words of hope and imagination for the future, encouraging readers to admire their world from a different perspective. Out of This World: Historic Milestones in NASA’s Human Space Flight is a stunning 300 page book.
- ACC Art Books
- 17th Oct 2022
- 325 mm x 285 mm
- 300 Pages
- 197 color, 39 b&w