Evolution of Melancholy
- Intense colours and a deep understanding of the world are reflected in Per Fronth's oeuvre
- A contemporary way of painting reacts not only on photography but on new media and the changed routines of perception
- With a lot of humour and the clear intention to provoke, Fronth also plays with the conditions of the art market
Per Fronth is one of Norway’s most distinctive contemporary artists, dynamically redefining the relationship between painting and photography in influential and innovative works. Painting with photography as his raw material, Fronth’s pictorial universe is captivating, bold, controversial, and seductive. Central to Fronth’s overall artistic practice are the challenging aspects of the human condition. Fronth produces large-format artworks in series and different disciplines that are politically, environmentally, socially, and highly emotionally charged: from the war zones in Afghanistan, to the indigenous peoples’ fight for their own land in the Amazonas region, and back to his own life, in native Norway, where he explores visual narratives of innocence and the coming of age. In his most recent project Fronth creates controversy by introducing paid product placement into his artworks already acquired by museums. In doing so he elevates the discussion as to what art’s value — and the value of art — is.
Text in English and Norwegian.
- Arnoldsche Art Publishers
- Publish date
- 14th Aug 2023
- UK, US, Eastern Europe, France, Benelux, Japan, South Korea, Africa, South America & Ireland exclusive. South Africa, N&M East, China non-exclusive
- 320 mm x 240 mm
- 300 Pages
- 250 color
Distributed by ACC Art Books
Please log-in or create an account to see your recent items.