- An absolute must for aficianados of Young German Cinema
- Features 250 colour illustrations
- Complete documentation of Peter Schamoni's ouvre; a major chapter in German cinema history!
The great postwar German film director and producer Peter Schamoni will be seventy years old in 2004. A co-signatory of the Oberhausen Manifesto in the 1960s he became one of the leading exponents of what was known as Young German Cinema. His sensitive documentary portraits of famous artists (Max Ernst, Robert Schumann, Caspar David Friedrich etc.) and historical figures (Kaiser Wilhelm II) are unparalleled in the history of German cinema, providing profound and lasting insights into the complex inner life of famous people. Peter Schamoni: Film Pieces gives the most important data on all Schamoni films as well as brief synopses. Colour and black and white set stills in large formats ensure total immersion in Peter Schamoni’s pictorial universe. Hilmar Hoffmann, the author, permitted the encomium of Peter Schamoni he delivered on the occasion of the Wilhelm-Hausenstein honours presented at the Bavarian Academy of Fine Arts, to be published as the text of this book.
Text in English and German.
- Arnoldsche Art Publishers
- 3rd Jul 2003
- Paperback / softback
- UK, US, Eastern Europe, France, Benelux, Japan, South Korea, Africa, South America & Ireland exclusive. South Africa, N&M East, China non-exclusive
- 230 mm x 290 mm
- 200 Pages
- 250 color
Distributed by ACC Art Books
Please log-in or create an account to see your recent items.