Women Who Ruled, from Ancient Egypt to Buckingham Palace
- A miniature gift book for anyone interested in women’s history or royalty
- Portraits of 250 queens regnant (that is, queens who ruled in their own right) from around the world and throughout history
- Each portrait is accompanied by an interesting fact about that queen’s reign.
- Part of the best-selling Tiny Folio series, which also includes Women Artists (ISBN 9780789210531)
This tiny yet majestic volume introduces us to some 250 queens who ruled in their own right – who were crowned as the sovereigns of their countries or, in some cases, decided to crown themselves. It begins with queens of the ancient world and ends with those ruling today, encompassing along the way both household names, like Elizabeth I and Catherine the Great, and those who deserve to be better known, like Margaret I of Denmark and Ranavalona I of Madagascar. Each queen is represented by her portrait – painted, carved, engraved, or photographed – and an interesting fact about her reign. This Tiny Folio will be the perfect gift for the powerful women in your life.
- Abbeville Press
- 17th May 2021
- World excluding USA, Canada, Puerto Rico, Australia and New Zealand
- 111 mm x 102 mm
- 336 Pages
- 250 color
- Name of series
- Tiny Folio
Distributed by ACC Art Books
Please log-in or create an account to see your recent items.