Homes at the edge of architecture
- Includes beautifully hand-drawn illustrations of each project by renowned illustrator Adriano Marcusso, along with detailed plans and diagrams, and rich full-colour photography
- Stunning photographs feature striking and edgy residences from across the globe, including from Switzerland, Japan, Norway, and Germany—each home with its own set of breathtaking design features
- Engaging descriptions of each project by the architect, detailing aspiration and challenges, design process and materiality, accompanied by plans, sketches, and diagrams
- Noted scholar and academic Professor Avi Friedman provides incisive context for the residential and environmental design principles employed by the visionary architects, providing an important reference for aspiring architecture and design students
What happens when an architect sets out to design the extraordinary, and by doing so challenges the established norms of the industry? A riot of inventive and ingenious residential structures to delight the eye and gladden the soul. This book decodes a wide selection of stunning experimental designs. By shaking off any limitations and seeking to challenge established design conventions, and using architectural ingenuity and modern technical aspiration, these carefully selected architects show how they develop bold and striking designs that will serve as inspiration for years to come, creating home designs that are both out of left field and can take residential ingenuity to the next level.
This edition is lavishly illustrated with crisp and evocative full-colour images of the architecture, with insight from the architect detailing their inspiration and the challenges encountered through the designing and building processes. Whether it be a uniquely challenging location, the decision to use materials in innovative ways, or simply experimenting with a new design shape, the works featured within these pages challenge the everyday notions of what a residence should be.
Through these pages, the reader is drawn into a beautiful journey through a diverse range of truly beautiful homes as imagined—and realised—by some of the best architectural visionaries of our time.
- Images Publishing Group
- Publish date
- 12th Sep 2022
- World excluding Japan and South East Asia
- 230 mm x 190 mm
- 256 Pages