- Outstanding street and landscape photography
- Created by legendary TV writer-producer René Balcer
- Glorious highest-quality publication
- Perfect for Law & Order and mystery fans, photography buffs, art lovers and collectors
- Personal portfolio of over 50 years’ worth of never-before-seen photos in exotic locales
Award-winning writer René Balcer is best known for his hit series Law & Order and Criminal Intent. Much less is known about his startling photographic work, shared only with his close friends and colleagues – until now!
This offers 500 photographs showcasing Balcer’s trademark crime scene aesthetic. The stunning images range from West Africa to the Utah desert, from a remote Arctic village to a seedy Brooklyn bar, with photos full of narrative mystery. There is a section on pre-Covid China, a China many say has since vanished. Also included is a unique homage to Balcer’s adoptive city of Los Angeles, and a ground-breaking photo-essay on Buenos Aires’ posh Recoleta neighbourhood.
Marked by wry social commentary and breath-taking beauty and framed by insightful essays from noted Contemporary Art expert Robert Hobbs, renowned artist Xu Bing, and bestselling mystery writer Naomi Hirahara, these compelling never-before-seen photos are now presented in a glorious high-quality publication.
- ACC Art Books
- Publish date
- 9th Oct 2023
- 280 mm x 280 mm
- 540 Pages
- 220 color
Distributed by ACC Art Books
Please log-in or create an account to see your recent items.