Silver Triennial International
20th Worldwide Competition
- Contemporary silver ware at its best
- The newest trends in silversmithing mirrored in the fantastic selection of international artists one will find presented in this catalogue
- The essay by Francesco Colli provides insights into the development and meaning of silversmithing throughout the centuries
- Accompanies an exhibition at Goldschmiedehaus Hanau (DE), 30 October – 30 December 2022; Inhorgenta Munich (DE), 24 – 27 February 2023; Silberwarenmuseum Ott-Pausersche Fabrik, Schw.bisch Gmünd (DE), May–13 August 2023; Museum Zons /Dormagen (DE), 22 October 2023 – 11 February 2024
Since 1965, the Association for Goldsmiths’ Art and the German Goldsmiths’ House Hanau have been organising the Silver Triennial International to promote contemporary silversmithing. The 20th competition demonstrates the variety of works at a high level: 121 silversmiths from 21 countries submitted hollow- and flatware or free-formed works. The focus is not only on technical and artistic aspects; a large number of the entries also have a socio-critical and contemporary historical background.
An expert jury was again assembled this year: Dirk Allgaier, head of Arnoldsche Art Publishers, Stuttgart; Dr. Claudia Banz, curator for design at the Kunstgewerbemuseum Berlin; and JaKyung Shin, silversmith and assistant professor at Seoul National University, Korea, selected 67 impressive silver works.
Text in English and German.
- Arnoldsche Art Publishers
- 22nd Nov 2022
- UK, US, Eastern Europe, France, Benelux, Japan, South Korea, Africa, South America & Ireland exclusive. South Africa, N&M East non-exclusive
- 230 mm x 169 mm
- 128 Pages
- 100 color