Kálmán Lengyel, Marcel Breuer, Anton Lorenz und das Neue Möbel
- Kálmán Lengyel and his importance in the development of the first tubular steel furniture
- Overview of the history and development of the first tubular steel furniture and its protagonists Kálmán Lengyel, Marcel Breuer and Anton Lorenz
- Unpublished archive material on the development of the company Standard Möbel
The tubular steel design of furniture designer Marcel Breuer (1902–1981) is considered an outstanding design style of the 20th-century. Yet widely unknown is the development of the first tubular steel prototype to its early series production. Breuer’s fellow compatriot Kálmán Lengyel (1900–1945), to whom this comprehensive publication is dedicated, played a significant role in this. In 1927, they founded the company Standard Möbel together, in order to organise the series production and distribution of tubular steel furniture. The development of the company and the work of Breuer, Lengyel, and the later director Anton Lorenz are depicted here in-depth with previously unpublished archive material. As a prominent furniture designer and architect, Lengyel also founded his own furniture brand, Ka-Le-Möbel, and worked as an interior designer in Paris, as well as constructed buildings in Berlin, Szeged, and Budapest. This publication expands our knowledge about the early models and highlights the life and work of the protagonists of the tubular steel revolution!
Text in German.
- Arnoldsche Art Publishers
- Publish date
- 12th Jun 2023
- UK, US, Eastern Europe, France, Benelux, Japan, South Korea, Africa, South America & Ireland exclusive. South Africa, N&M East, China non-exclusive
- 274 mm x 210 mm
- 352 Pages
- 500 color
Distributed by ACC Art Books
Please log-in or create an account to see your recent items.