The Art & Times of Daniel Jocz
- The first comprehensive overview on the art of Daniel Jocz
- With his art works ranging from small jewellery pieces to over-collared necklaces to painting, he pushes the boundaries of jewellery art
- A unique position in American jewellery art
- Published to accompany at exhibition at Fuller Craft Museum, Brockton, MA, from 17 September 2022 – 14 May 2023
The Art & Times of Daniel Jocz presents the entrancing and challenging work of American jewellery artist and sculptor Daniel Jocz. There is a spontaneous quality to the work, yet it is always rich with meaning. His open spirit is fully embodied in the 2007 neckpiece series An American’s Riff on the Millstone Ruff. Inspired by the extravagant scale of 17th-century Dutch ruffs at the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam, he decided to update them with automobile paint.
Jeannine Falino takes an in-depth look at the twists and turns of Jocz’s long career, from his early geometric sculptures to the fashion-forward flocked Candy Wear collection, and from his ruminations on Marlene Dietrich in the form of necklaces featuring enamel smoked cigarettes to the wall reliefs he explores today. Wendy Steiner considers Jocz’s place in the avant-garde through the lens of fashion and culture, while Patricia Harris and David Lyon explore his involvement in the rollicking Boston jewellery scene of the late 20th century.
- Arnoldsche Art Publishers
- Publish date
- 10th Oct 2022
- UK, US, Eastern Europe, France, Benelux, Japan, South Korea, Africa, South America & Ireland exclusive. South Africa, N&M East non-exclusive
- 265 mm x 230 mm
- 208 Pages
- 250 color