The Man with the Butterfly Tie
Ceramics Essays in Honour of Brian Haughton
- Learn everything about “the dealers who brought intellect to art fairs”
- Featuring prominent ceramic pieces described in short but brilliant essays by renowned scholars
- A wonderful presentation of a fruitful and inspiring career
The global porcelain scene is celebrating the 40th anniversary of the International Ceramics Fair and Seminar, which was founded by Brian Haughton and his wife, Anna, in London in 1982. That was just the beginning: further fairs and accompanying symposia on design, jewellery, and antiques in New York and Dubai were to follow, becoming important venues of exchange, not just for trade but for the academic world too.
To mark this anniversary, more than 40 renowned scholars were asked to write about selected European ceramics that had been traded in Brian Haughton’s gallery and that he had been particularly passionate about.
This publication is a wonderful kaleidoscope of unique ceramics from the 18th and 19th centuries, released as a homage to Brian Haughton, The Man with the Butterfly Tie.
- Arnoldsche Art Publishers
- Publish date
- 24th Aug 2022
- UK, US, Eastern Europe, France, Benelux, Japan, South Korea, Africa, South America & Ireland exclusive. South Africa, N&M East non-exclusive
- 280 mm x 210 mm
- 192 Pages
- 76 color