The Modern Guide to Antique Jewellery
- The ultimate tour guide to antique jewellery, from the 1700s to the early 20th century
- A fun, lively and chic reference book, beautifully illustrated throughout
- Guidance on what to buy and how to value pieces from past eras
- Insider knowledge and trade secrets from top dealers and shop owners
- Features a where-to-shop directory of the best high-end shops, outdoor markets and trade fairs worldwide
The ultimate go-to guide, The Modern Guide to Antique Jewellery takes the reader on a tour through time, venturing from the 1700s all the way through to the early 20th century. From how to look chic while wearing jewellery that outdates you by 100 years, to how to spot and score the best pieces, this book is a must-read for all enthusiasts and collectors who have an affinity for the jewels of the past.
Fun factual tidbits are presented in a witty, conversational style, and lively narratives explore each piece’s history. Part travelogue, featuring the most influential shops in New York, LA, London, Paris and Amsterdam; part educational guide, with anecdotes from dealers and experts; and part celebration of historical jewellery, this book is an invaluable and accessible reference.
Topics covered include (but are not limited to): how to identify the most popular gemstones, materials, styles and collectible pieces in the market today, and how to select antique jewellery to complement your lifestyle. The Modern Guide to Antique Jewellery will reveal what to look for and where to locate rare finds, as well as how the experts score the pieces that decorate the fingers, ears, necks and wrists of the collector.
- ACC Art Books
- Publish date
- 14th Mar 2022
- 225 mm x 165 mm
- 176 Pages